1. Sit with care, constancy, and conscience under the Word of truth, and Gospel of grace.
2. Study the nature of God.
3. Sit loose to the world.
4. Consider the shortness of life, and the limitation of the day of grace.
5. Be much in the business of self-examination. “Stand in awe, and sin not; commune with your own heart upon your own bed, and be still.” Spa. 4:4. “Let us search l, and try our hearts, and turn again into the Lord.” Lam 3:10.
6. Seriously expect approaching judgement.
7. Think much of death and eternity.
8. Wash thy self in the blood of Jesus, and take every day a turn in mount Calvary.
9. Seriously apprehend the possibility, nay, the probability, nay, the absolute certainty, of a pardon through Christ.
10. Due for repentance at the hand of God; stay with Ephraim, “Turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.” 2 Tim 2:25, Jer. 31:18
– John Mason